church history 2

HISTORY

Our church was organized by 44 charter members as Normandy Heights Presbyterian Church on May 14, 1950 in Odessa, Texas. A wooden structure at Adams and 25th Streets served until 1958, when an Arizona stone sanctuary was dedicated. In 1960, the church name was changed to Westminster Presbyterian. The church moved to 4901 Maple in 1966, relocating the sanctuary and adding educational space on property donated by First Presbyterian Church. In 1975, a rotunda was built to accommodate growing membership. With the continued growth, a new expansion was dedicated in 1992. Under the combined director of pastoral and lay leaders, membership continues to grow and progress the church mission of gathering for worship and dispersing to glorify God in the world.

Pastors serving Westminster since it organized are:

  • Harry G. McDonnell  1950 – 1953
  • Lemuel Tittsworth  1954 – 1958
  • Harry Johnson  1959 – 1963
  • E. Clark Secoy  1963 – 1966
  • Frank L. Seaman  1966 – 1978
  • Woody L. Berry  1977 – 1979
  • John F. Callaway  1979 – 1984
  • Dennis P. Winzenried  1980 – 1983
  • David L. Rhoads II  1987 – 1995
  • Truman J. Warren, Jr.  1984 – 1999
  • Cheryl M. Homsher  1998 – 2006
  • Robert A. Sams  2001 – 2010
  • Jim Gill  2010 – February 2012
  • Eric Thompson  2012 – 2015
  • Buddy Monahan 2016